Monday, January 2, 2012

Oysters and Lambic Gueze, a match made in heaven

I love seafood.  Whipping up a good dish to eat is incredibly satisfying, but it's even easier when the preparation is really simple. I really enjoy fresh crab, peeling just cooked shrimp and drawn butter, and once in awhile I jump into just a solid raw oyster on the half shell.  Nothing needs to be done, except for perhaps some shucking skills, and a good appetite.

However, I always thought something real good to imbibe on with raw oysters would be a real nice gueze.

So here I try out a gueze from two different breweries. Oude Gueuze Tilquin à L’Anciene, and Drie Fonteinen Doesjel.  Turned out to be a great food pairing, and they were also pretty good drinks to imbibe on as well.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment